For organizations that want to make the transition to the cloud, the integration of G Suite or Office 365 with JumpCloud eliminates the need for virtually any on-premises infrastructure to handle their user directory.
JumpCloud is the world’s first DaaS (Directory-as-a-Service®) solution, which consists of a cloud-based repository of users as a modern alternative to Microsoft Active Directory and LDAP. JumpCloud enables IT administrators to connect users to the resources of an organization efficiently and securely, assigning applications, devices, and networks to the said users. It employs a variety of protocols to ensure that the organization has control over all corporate resources in a completely safe manner.
What benefits does JumpCloud’s DaaS provide?
- Scalability and availability: Cloud-based DaaS solutions are easily scalable; they are always available and are based on SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) systems.
- Centralized user management: Admins can easily provision and manage user identities for G Suite and/or Office 365 from one location, without using Google Cloud Directory Sync or Azure Active Directory Connect.
- Cross-platform: JumpCloud is compatible with virtually all platforms and types of applications — including Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems — and takes advantage of numerous standard authentication and directory protocols in order to control access to modern and legacy IT resources alike.
- Managing multiple devices: By working at a cross-platform level, IT managers have greater control over their devices.
- Simplified integration: JumpCloud’s DaaS solution is administered by the service provider in such a way that IT organizations only have to manage their users and the DaaS solution takes care of hardware maintenance and upkeep.
- Enhanced security: DaaS protects the identities of users through encryption and network security techniques like multi-factor authentication. It can enforce password complexity and rotation requirements and enable full-disk encryption along with other security policies on Mac, Windows, and Linux systems. With user identities securely managed from one central directory, the move to modern cloud solution increases security across the entire organization.
With a focus on security, practically all IT resources can be connected to a single directory with JumpCloud. Using standard protocols such as LDAP, SAML, RADIUS, and many others, IT resources can easily authenticate against JumpCloud’s directory, regardless of whether they are on-premises or cloud-based resources.
As there is only one master directory, its implementation in an organization results in a significant reduction of errors and security violations. With JumpCloud, you can provision and de-provision users with one click, immediately providing or blocking access to all IT resources.
Fully integrated with G Suite & Office 365
As we mentioned above, JumpCloud is a cross-platform solution and the Google platform is one of the most relevant. It is tightly integrated into Google, in such a way that any changes made in JumpCloud are automatically propagated to G Suite. For organizations that already use G Suite, JumpCloud easily imports all users and automatically creates their identities when it is added to their IT environment. The same process works for organizations that use Microsoft Office 365.
For organizations that want to transition to the cloud, JumpCloud’s G Suite and Office 365 integrations eliminate the need for virtually any on-premise infrastructure: you do not need Microsoft’s Active Directory or any other. It is a solution that extends the benefits of cloud-based SaaS to its ultimate consequences, providing a comprehensive pay-per-use model with reduced maintenance and management costs, and with great potential for growth.
JumpCloud and GDPR
JumpCloud is fully compliant with the GDPR framework. The tool has resolved many of the obligations required to comply with this regulation, both in terms of design security, encryption, and data protection.Would you like to try it? You can do so without any obligation, and the first 10 users are free forever. In addition, you can count on our experience as JumpCloud partners. We can help you implement it in your organization, in your single sign-on projects, RADIUS-as-a-Service, managing multiple OS and in audit and compliance processes.