Big Data is based on a change in the information and analysis requirements of our customers, as a result of the emergence of technology that was not available previously.
The new analytical requirements our customers have are based on:
- Speed (flexible decision-making)
- Variety (new data types: social networks, the Internet of things, pictures, videos, geo-positioning, etc.)
- Volume (these new sources of information require the storage of large amounts of data for short periods of time).
Google BigQuery is a 100% cloud service by Google that is fully scalable that can store large volumes of information that can be viewed quickly and efficiently by sending queries in SQL. It combines a “column” structure with MapReduce processing.
Google BigQuery makes it possible to query databases of up to several terabytes in a matter of seconds through a pay-per-use system based on the volume of information stored and the queries made.
What is special about Google BigQuery?
- Speedy Big Data analysis. Cloud-based, scalable, and always available.
- Cost effective: Pay-per-use, without inefficiencies
- Non-disruptive. It adapts well to existing IT architectures.
Other key features
- Partitioning of tables
- “Consultation” tools for BQ
- Data streaming
- Analytical capabilities of the “engine”
- Query cache
- Data imports
- Google Analytics Export to BigQuery (GA Premium). Unlimited daily exports