Quick launch summary
Earlier this year we announced the ability to use your Android phone’s built-in security key for two-factor authentication in G Suite.
Now, you can use devices with Android 7.0+ (Nougat) to verify your sign-in to Google and Google Cloud services on Apple iPads and iPhones.
- Admins can learn how to enforce the use of security keys in their organization by visiting the Help Center.
- End users can activate the security key on their Android device and use it to verify iPhone and iPad logins.
To learn more about using your Android phone’s built-in security key to verify sign-in on iOS devices, see our Security Blog.
- Rapid Release domains: This feature is fully available.
- Scheduled Release domains: This feature is fully available.
G Suite editions
- Available to all G Suite editions
On/off by default?
- If 2-Step Verification or Security Key Enforcement is turned on for an organization, Android phone will be available as an option for security keys by default.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches