We’re changing where you’d find the Directory settings in the G Suite Admin console from the apps screen to the Directory section of the main menu.
- You can now find the setting at: Admin Console > Menu > Directory > Directory Settings
- The setting was previously at: Admin Console > Apps > G Suite > Directory
|Directory settings will now be in the Admin console’s main menu|
Why you’d use it
You can use Directory settings to control your organization’s global Directory and how your users can use Contacts. This includes what version of Google Contacts your users can use, how your users can edit their profiles in the global Directory, configuration of custom internal directories, and more.
How to get started
- Admins: Now you can find the setting at Admin console > Menu > Directory > Directory Settings. Use our Help Center to see more about how to manage Directory settings in your organization or create custom directories.
- End users: No end user impact.
- Rapid Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on Jan 14, 2019
- Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on Jan 14, 2019
G Suite editions
- Available to all G Suite editions
On/off by default?
- This feature will be ON by default.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches