Google is making changes to how it calculates active users across G Suite applications in your organization. Specifically, you’ll see more accurate metrics on active users for the following applications:
- Hangouts Chat
- Hangouts Meet
Why this matters
Previously, we pulled app activity data from multiple sources, which sometimes resulted in discrepancies across reporting tools, like Work Insights and the Reports section of the Admin console. To ensure these metrics are consistent, we’ll now pull data from one centralized, reliable source which is based on direct user interaction logs. This will help you better analyze app usage in your domain and assess your organization’s needs.
How to get started
- Admins: To access Apps usage activity in the Admin console click Reports.
- From there, you can see app usage overall, or click into specific apps.
- On the right-hand side, you can filter app usage by: 1 day, 7 days, or 30 days.
- End users: No action required.
In addition to the Admin console, these updated metrics will also appear in the G Suite Admin SDK Reports API and BigQuery exports.
- Rapid Release domains: Full rollout (1-3 days for feature visibility) starting on June 5, 2019
- Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1-3 days for feature visibility) starting on June 5, 2019
G Suite editions
Available to all G Suite editions
On/off by default?
This feature will be ON by default.