Google Maps has become the essential geolocation tool in our lives... and on our mobile devices! In its earlier versions, it provided the location of destinations when travelling and calculated the best routes. However, the development of the system has improved its integration features with other applications and systems, opening a world of business opportunities for companies. Cabify, in the passenger transport sector, or Glovo, in e-commerce, are examples of businesses that have learned to use the Google Maps’ geolocation solution and make the most of it.
Thanks to the Internet, originally, to mobile devices and, subsequently, to geolocation companies, we can buy or request services from anywhere in the world: from your couch at home, the office… or even in the street. And, as we move about, we can receive commercial information of interest based on our location.
In this new environment, companies such as Cabify (dedicated to passenger transport) or Glovo (Last Mile Delivery) have been able to benefit from the possibilities offered by Google Maps and geolocation. They have learned how to design a customer-oriented business model and focus their resources on offering the best experience (regarding service quality, speed, cost…).
Google Maps in the transport sector: the Cabify case
This scenario has changed thanks to new technologies and Cabify is a good example. Vehicle hire with a driver is a business that is growing in Spain and Latin America. It is based on a business model that is 100% customer oriented, in which geolocation plays a key role.
This business model is eminently digital, as can be seen by the following facts:
- They have learned to interpret the change of mentality of consumers and offer them a customised product (maximum customer orientation)
- They make the most of technology to generate business, from managing the service to marketing
- Their business takes place in a fully digital environment
- Their business culture, and the participation of their teams, is fully digital
Based on the maximum use of geolocation capabilities, Cabify offers an interesting value-added proposal to all its business stakeholders, which enables it to generate a win-win environment. For example, customers benefit from:
- Maximum simplicity in hiring the service (app or Google Maps)
- Customers are quickly collected by a vehicle near their location
- The possibility of selecting the type of vehicle and driver profile
- You know where the vehicle is at all times
- Cheaper fares than traditional taxis
- Accurate adaptation to the cost and duration of the trip
- Multiple forms of payment (card, cash or digital)
- The possibility of rating the service and the driver
In turn, drivers get:
- Guaranteed income through the smart allocation of services
- Accurate knowledge of their activities
- Work optimisation thanks to short periods between services
- Flexible working hours
- The possibility of earning more at rush hours
- Easy incorporation to the driver pool and to fleet vehicles with insurance coverage
Finally, managing Cabify as a business is much easier. Geolocation technology allows them to control resources at all times and increase the profitability of each trip. The volume of information generated also provides useful data, such as the areas where more services are hired, the most common destinations, or even customers’ personal preferences.
Intelligence Partner, as a Google Maps Premier Partner, has significant experience providing services associated with this geolocation tool. Let us know what you need and we will be happy to help you make the most of geolocation to generate business, just like Cabify does.