Quick launch summary
As more employees, educators, and students work remotely in response to the spread of COVID-19, Google wants to do its part to help them stay connected and productive with G Suite.
All G Suite customers can use Hangouts Meet today for easy-to-join video calls, but Google will soon enable free access to more advanced features, including:
- Larger meetings for up to 250 participants per call
- Live streaming for up to 100K viewers within domain
- Record meetings to Google Drive
These features are typically only available in the Enterprise and Enterprise for Education editions of G Suite, but they’ll be available to all G Suite editions at no additional cost until July 1, 2020.
- Admins: If you haven’t yet done so, enable Meet video calling for your organization. You can then turn on live streaming and recording.
- G Suite Basic, Business, and Nonprofit customers: These advanced features will be OFF by default and can be enabled at the domain, OU, or group level.
- G Suite for Education customers: These advanced features will be OFF by default and can be enabled at the domain, OU, or group level. Please see Google’s FAQ in the Help Center for additional education-specific considerations when enabling Meet and these features.
- G Suite Enterprise and Enterprise for Education customers: These features are already available in your domain and will continue to respect your current settings.
- End users: Once enabled in the Admin console, end users can live stream and record meetings. Visit the Help Center to learn more about how to live stream and record a meeting.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Free access to advanced features will begin rolling out this week and should be available to all G Suite customers within 2–3 weeks.
- Available to all G Suite customers
- G Suite Admin Help: Manage meet video meeting settings
- G Suite Learning Center: Hangouts Meet training and help
- G Suite Learning Center: Hangouts Meet cheat sheet
- Google Help: Live stream a video meeting
- Google Help: Record a video meeting
- Cloud Blog: Helping businesses and schools stay connected in response to Coronavirus