10 benefits of implementing chatbots in your business
In the age of digital transformation, chatbots are increasingly playing a leading role in the interactions of businesses with their customers and potential customers, as shown by the data. In 2020, according to Oracle, 80% of businesses already use chatbots or have seriously considered implementing them. For their part, the consultancy firm, Gartner, claims that 85% of customer negotiations with companies this year will take place without the intervention of people on the side of the business. Chatbots are a tool that provides numerous benefits to organisations, as you will see below.
Why a chatbot for my business?
Chatbots have become an essential resource in many companies, mainly thanks to the significant advances made in Artificial Intelligence. Those virtual assistants that only knew how to carry out a few operations have ceased to exist and have become intelligent tools thanks to Machine Learning, learning thanks to the data that is incorporated over time.
This way, they contribute to optimising the service to customers (according to Aspect Consumer Experience Index, 70% of millennials state they have had positive experiences with chatbots) and boosting sales.
Below we show you some of the main benefits that chatbots can contribute to a business:
- They reinforce a company’s identity. When you create a chatbot, this reflects the image and style of the company. Aspects such as the name, avatar, the tone used in conversations must align with the company’s philosophy and have a positive impact on customers.
- They increase customer engagement. A chatbot’s capacity for instant interaction means a customer feels listened to in the moment, and appreciates the support of the company, especially if they need something urgently (from purchase recommendations to a request for support).
- They automate simple and repetitive tasks. Chatbots do not replace humans, but they are capable of preventing them from having to spend time on tasks that provide no value. A chatbot can, among other things: schedule appointments, send reminders, send and receive emails, gather and confirm contracts, verify the status of shipments, place orders and cancel them…
- They combine perfectly with chats. When the staff in charge of the business chat end their day, the chatbot leaps into action. This way, it gathers messages sent out of hours, alerts of possible errors, etc. It is also able to detect possible customers who spend a lot of time on the website of your company and start to establish contact.
- They guarantee permanent support to the customer. Chatbots ensure that a business can provide support services 24/7. On request for intervention from the customer, they are able to offer them information to solve basic issues (from the FAQs or the knowledge bases of the company). In the case of complex issues, they are capable of gathering the necessary information so that the technician can resolve them quickly.
- They monitor data and offer new perspectives. Chatbots are able to monitor customers’ data and understand their habits. This way they can pursue metrics as search terms, customer engagement, user satisfaction or even shopping habits. Understanding the customer experience facilitates business decision making.
- They optimise the generation of leads. Chatbots have the ability to involve customers in any digital platform on which they interact with the company (website, social networks, etc.) with the personalisation of messages during the customer journey and focussed on customers to streamline their decision. In addition, they can be programmed to naturally obtain the necessary information to generate leads.
- Greater service capacity. Thanks to their technology, chatbots are able to manage many more conversations than a technician and guarantee in all cases an immediate and personalised response. This fact means a significant economic saving for the business, since it avoids hiring new technicians, the purchasing of new equipment and the training of new staff.
- They improve productivity. By carrying out tasks that were previously done by people, chatbots enable employees to focus on their more important work and concentrate on tasks that provide true value to the company. To give some examples that affect Commercial and Support areas, chatbots improve the average time in solving issues, they respond immediately to requests or significantly increase the number of issues solved.
- They eliminate errors. Being programmed and learning from prior experiences with Artificial Intelligence, chatbots are practically free from errors that involve human intervention. In the same way, they guarantee an accurate attention.
Aware of the fact that companies must increasingly incorporate chatbots to their digital communication channels, Google includes Dialogflow in its portfolio of products. This natural language processing platform enables developers to create applications and conversation experiences for customers in multiple languages, both with voice conversation interfaces and those that are text based, which work on multiple devices and platforms.
The simplicity of its use and its application in multiple business process within companies, especially those which are client-focussed, make Dialogflow the natural option for companies who want to implement a chatbot.
At Intelligence Partner, as certified partners of Google, we have an in-depth understanding of this tool and how to adapt it to the specific needs of each organisation. Now you just need to contact us and explain the needs of your company: we will look at them and we will show you the best way to satisfy them successfully.
Shall we start?