We’re adding a range of official, fixed IP addresses to be used exclusively for classic Hangouts and Hangouts Meet in G Suite domains. That means that you can identify video conference traffic used in G Suite and deprioritize Hangouts traffic from consumer accounts. This can help you better configure and optimize network and firewall access.
Admins and network operators only
Why you’d use it
Hangouts Meet IP addresses allow you to recognize the G Suite video conference traffic. Use the IPs to:
- Open Meet’s TCP and UDP ports for Meet IPs
- Avoid tunneling or DPI for Meet IPs
- Reduce latency by providing the shortest path possible to the internet for Meet traffic
How to get started
- Admins: Update your firewall for Hangouts IP addresses. You can find those IP addresses and more information in the Help Center.
- End users: No end user impact.
Hangouts Meet and classic Hangouts will stop using the old IP address on February 14, 2019. As this change might interfere with previous network optimization you might have set up, we recommend adopting these IP addresses as part of your firewall and network configuration.
- Rapid Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on February 14, 2019
- Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on February 14, 2019
G Suite editions
Available to all G Suite editions
On/off by default?
This feature will be ON by default.