Keeping customer data and information safe and secure is a top priority for Google. To that end, we’re constantly working towards improving security by introducing new authentication solutions that complement traditional passwords.
As a next step in those efforts, after a similar launch on Android back in November 2014, we’ve implemented an updated Google account sign-in flow on the web. Instead of a single sign-in page that contains both the ‘Email’ and ‘Password’ fields together, these fields now appear on separate pages.
To sign in to your Google Apps account:
- First enter your username, which is your full email address (example: firstname.lastname@example.org) and click Next.
- Confirm that the email address shown is the one you’re signing into, enter your password and click Sign in.
If you don’t recognize the account, click the back arrow or Sign in with a different account.
This new Google account sign-in flow provides the following advantages:
- A more personalized sign-in experience that prepares for future authentication solutions.
- Easier authentication for SAML SSO users.
- Reduced confusion among users who have multiple Google accounts.